This is the last week before the beginning of the FSCA-PISA Training in ComDev that will take place next week in Dakar, Senegal.
The list of tasks to complete is long at least as the list of innovations and new opportunities we are offering the participants. Among others, I would like to remember:
- the use of several interactive methodologies to facilitate the sharing of knowledge (World Café, Chat show, Open Space, Dotmocracy, Network Mapping, SWOT Analysis, Mindmapping)
- the six different communication labs dedicated to: web, video, photo, rural radio and mobile telephony
- the preparation of a Case Study to identify the main issues in the Communication strategies
- the five Cross Cutting Thematic Meetings organised during coffee breaks and lunches
- the proposal of a Social Reporting Team to document the event
- the video-photo coverage of the week
- the interactive website collecting any information about the event since early this year
- the informal approach used for the training
Sometimes all of those ideas seems old and not valuable. In reality, while preparing such an event with over 45 people involved, you realize how difficult is to adopt new approaches and what big benefits the trainees can have from them.