Alice Bafiala Mutombo, an independent radio journalist from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. My congratulations!
She won first prize in an Africa-wide scriptwriting competition on healthy communities organized by FRI.
After the selection of a long and interesting list of 68 proposals, here is the complete list of winners in alphabetical order by country is:
- Kpénahi Traoré, Burkina Faso – Composting human waste is a healthy way to reduce disease and feed the soil
- Alice Bafiala Mutombo, Democratic Republic of the Congo – A clean village for a healthy life
- Gabriel Adukpo, Ghana – A family fights malnutrition with local leafy vegetables
- Simon Mukali, Kenya – Talking to teens about unsafe sex
- Charles Kemboi, Kenya – Empowerment saves youth from drug abuse
- Lawrence Wakdet, Nigeria – Occupational and nutritional therapy for people living with HIV and AIDS
- Oluwakemi Aduroja, Nigeria – Empowering communities with participatory community enumeration
- Ugonma Cokey, Nigeria – Florence saves girls from human trafficking
- Bonaventure N’Coué Mawuvi, Togo – Collecting plastic waste: Cleaning the city and generating income
- Filius Chalo Jere, Zambia – AIDS support program gives positive people a new lease on life
More details on the FRI scritpwriting website.