Kept in my mind two main inputs:
the doubts on the value of
the importance of
an OPEN MIND
In particular, I keep on reflecting and elaborating the second point. To me, an OPEN MIND is :
– the ability to listen to people in every occasion,
– the unconscious feeling of being able to go to a meeting ready to let ideas from the others coming to you,
– the desire to focus not only on what you want to express,
– the capacity to have an “empty” mind, ready to be filled by external inputs,
– the willingness to let the positive feelings from outside affect on your mood,
– the positiveness towards the others’ notes,
– the sensitivity to the others’ remarks and needs,
How many other ways come to you to describe the state of a mind when it’s open?
As Mario was saying yesterday, it doesn’t mean to let the others do whatever they like. The point is to be convinced of what you believe but let ALWAYS place for doubts.
So, we need to find a deep balance inside ourselves to be able to manage certainties and uncertainties at the same time: to become open minded, we need a sort of Japanese Dō (道). I think being OPEN is a really difficult state of the MIND, but we can focus on it and try everyday to make it a more common habit.