Yesterday Google presented what it seems to be a new killer application or, at least, “what email would look like if it were invented today”.
It’s called Google Wave as it brings a total restyling of the oldest, and most used of the Internet applications: the email.
I know many people think email is old-fashioned but still it is the tool we all are using, at least for our job, and we need it to be different to work better.
What are Wave’s main features?
- interoperability between email and instant Messaging,
- possibility to work synchronously with different people,
- Wiki features embedded,
- integration of the Contact list, mapping features, event planning,
- future adoption of more advanced options, and
- all the benefit of using Gmail as email engine.
I see much future in the organization I work for for such a tool!