Vodpod videos no longer available.
Mary explains how the CELAC (Collecting & Exchange of Local Agricultural Content) project enables farmers to voice record their own innovative techniques and how they disseminate their experiences with radio/CD players during group sessions. Here are some of the factors that Mary considers fundamental in this experience:
- using people’s local languages
- people’s sense of pride for being considered expert of a certain subject
- trust towards content prepared by colleagues
- help by the researchers to rationalize the local knowledge and spread it
- pride of producing audio files
- support by CELAC to distribute the CDs with the farmers’ voices recorded and stimulate groups of conversation about the topics