The creation of subtitles for videos on YouTube is very easy.
Proceed as follows:
- upload your video on YouTube,
- in the list of your “Uploaded videos”, select the one you want to manage and click on Edit,
- in the settings check for the tab “Subtitles“
- download the automatic transcription of the voice (it is actually automatic for English voices only, but the file itself can help anyway with the time schedule of the voice),
- prepare the translation, create a Caption file on the basis of the transcription and upload it,
- your video is now ready to be in two or more languages!
More details on YouTube Help site.
The new FSCA-PISA collaboration platform is online!
It has been launched during an interesting online ceremony which gathered almost 40 people in front of the screen.
For this occasion, all the seven West African countries which are taking part to the programme were involved in the event. FSCA – Food Security through Commercialization of Agriculture is the Italian Special Contribution to the Global Trust Fund for Food Security and Food Safety established by FAO. The Programme adopts a relevant communication component to support its activities.
As you can see in the image below, each national office (National Project Directors and Coordinators, their Assistants, the National Consultants, the Inter Country Coordinator and his Team, and all the experts from the FAO headquarters) gathered in front of the webcam for a multilateral audio conference through Skype in occasion of the launch.
Our objectives were to:
- show everyone the website,
- reinforce the common perspective,
- talk about the actual needs in terms of digital communication, and
- show how online interaction is possible among us.
Spending an hour in front of the video with six connections almost always on, having rounds of intros, comments and exchanges, gathering almost 40 people around West Africa was in my opinion a great success for the FSCA-PISA communication strategy. We want the platform to become the “place” where our team can freely collaborate to reach better results. Now we come to the most difficult part of this effort: spreading this culture of interaction, collaboration and exchange among actors and beneficiaries of the programme.
More details as soon as activities will move ahead.